- Wesley United Methodist Church will host an Interfaith Children’s Sabbath Service at 7 p.m. Oct. 19 at 721 King St. Guest speaker is Sister Stella Storch, a peace and justice activist. The event will include prayers and readings from Baha’i, Buddhist, Hindu, Islam, Sikh, Christian, Judaism and Earth traditions. Storch also will present a human trafficking awareness event, sponsored by La Crosse Interfaith Peace & Justice Network, from 9 a.m. to noon Oct. 20 at the La Crosse Public Library, 800 Main St.
- Holmen Lutheran Church’s meatball and lefse dinner will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Oct. 20. Tickets are $9 and $4 for children ages 3 to 10. Each adult ticket is a chance to win a double-sized quilt door prize. Also planned is a bake sale featuring Norwegian desserts and other goods. Tickets may be purchased at the door, 228 Morris St. in Holmen, and carryouts will be available.
- Wilmington Lutheran Church’s meatball dinner will be served from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 14 at 21068 Church Road (and the intersection with Hwy. 17) in rural Spring Grove, Minn. Menu includes meatballs, potatoes and gravy, green beans, salads, cranberry relish, lefse, buns, pies and desserts, and beverages. Cost is $8 and $4 for children ages 6 to 12. Kids younger than
5 eat free. Carryouts available for $8.
The Cathedral Men’s Club will serve a pancake/omelet breakfast from 7:30 a.m. to noon Oct. 14 in the undercroft of St. Joseph the Workman Cathedral, Sixth and Main streets. Menu includes pancakes served with sausage links and beverage for $3 and omelets served with sausages, hashbrowns and beverage for $4.
- St. Patrick School in Onalaska’s third annual 5K Fun Run/Walk will begin at 8 a.m. Oct. 13. The 3.1-mile course will start and end at the school, 127 11th Ave. N. All ages are invited to participate in this event to raise funds to renovate the parish center/school gym, which was built in 1984. About $150,000 is needed for updates. Trophies and medals will be awarded in children’s and adult’s age groups. Cookies, water and juice will be served at the finish line for all runners and walkers. Registration cost is $15 per person; $50 maximum cost per family. Entry forms are available at the school or can be downloaded at www.5kstpats.com (click on “register” and then “registration form”). For information about sponsorships, contact Barb Grob at 608-780-6102 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the run/walk, call Greg Wesely, school principal, or Bruce Martin, athletic director, at 608-783-5483.
- St. John’s United Church of Christ will serve its 88th annual roast pork and sauerkraut supper from 4 to 7 p.m. Oct. 16 at 630 West Ave. S. The event also will feature a quilt raffle, Menu includes roast pork, sauerkraut, real mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, carrots, applesauce, rolls, beverage and pie. Cost is $9 and $4.50 for kids 10 and younger. Carryouts are available for $9. Tickets are available at the church office in advance or at the door. Information: 608-784-3314.