Search warrants executed on two residences in Trempealeau County led to the arrests of five people on drug charges, according to the sheriff’s office.
Three people were arrested at 6985 N. Sixth St., Galesville, and two were arrested at N20990 Thompson Lane in the town of Gale on Friday night, said Sheriff Richard Anderson.
Arrested at the Galesville residence were:
- Sara McConnell, 23, on charges of possession of heroin, possession of heroin with intent to deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Zachary Witten-berg, 27, on allegations of possession of heroin, possession of heroin with intent to deliver and manufacture/delivery of heroin.
- And Jeffrey Ellenz, 26, possession of heroin with intent to deliver and maintaining a drug house.
Arrested in the town of Gale were:
- Todd Wittenberg, 50, possession of heroin, possession of heroin with intent to deliver and two counts of manufacture/delivery of heroin manufacture/delivery of heroin.
- Joshua Witten-berg, 29, possession of heroin.
Participating in the arrests, in addition to Trempealeau County deputies, were members of the Galesville Police Department, Indepen-dence Police Department and the La Crosse County Sheriff’s Department.
The Trempealeau sheriff’s department continues to investigate.