Administered by La Crosse County, the For Goodness’ Sake program provides donated household goods to the needy.
The phone numbers listed are for local agency contacts, not the person in need. This week:
- Baby items needed: swing, bouncer, changing table, boy clothes size preemie to 6 months. Household items needed: TV stand, small table and chairs, bathroom rugs, shower curtain for claw-foot tub. Call 608-785-5613.
- Family needs full- and twin-size beds, dishes, pans, dressers, couch and household items. Call Gwen, 608-785-6176.
- Child with special needs would benefit from a 61-key keyboard to work on fine motor skills. Call Dana, 608-785-3492.
- Family needs full-size and bunk beds. Call school counselor Melani, 608-789-6747.
- Man needs a dresser. Call Malika, 608-210-4130.
- Disabled man needs dehumidifier; disabled woman with children needs electric dryer. Call Margaret, 608-785-6208.
- Infant boys clothes 0 to 3 months and snow suit needed. Call Kelly, 608-785-9793.
- Vacuum needed. Call Emily, 608-210-4127.
- Family needs bunk beds, kitchen table and chairs. Call Tammy, 608-785-6064.
- WAFER, La Crosse County’s largest food pantry, provides 1,500 food packages each month. WAFER is in need of canned fruit, peanut butter, mac-n-cheese, oatmeal, beans, and canned meats. Donations can be dropped off at 403 Causeways Blvd. or call 608-782-6003 for more information.
- The Hunger Taskforce food bank needs pasta and sauce. Drop off items at 1240 Clinton St., or call 608-793-1002.
- A 15-year-old with special needs is in need of a new twin-size bed. The bed would need to be new to ensure there are no allergens that could affect her health. Donations of any amount can be made payable to For Goodness’ Sake Project, 300 N. Fourth St., La Crosse, WI 54601 (“bed” on the memo line).
- Family with special needs child has been awarded a scholarship to attend a national conference focusing on child’s medical condition. They have exhausted local resources and scholarships and are in need of funds to cover food and lodging expenses. Donations of any amount can be made payable to For Goodness’ Sake Project, 300 N. Fourth St., La Crosse, WI 54601 (“conference” on the memo line).