Valley View Mall opened its doors at 9:30 a.m. July 31, 1980, in La Crosse. Here’s a look back at the early years of the city’s biggest shopping destination.
The Tribune is taking an A-to-Z look at La Crosse area history. For a link to past installments, click here.
In this Series
As featured on
The La Crosse Public Library and Pediment Publishing are offering the community a chance to …
The excursion steamboat Capitol at the Dresbach Lock and Dam during the late 1930s. From 192…
- 10 most crash-prone state highway intersections in La Crosse County
- By the numbers: How well do you know the nine La Crosse parking ramps?
- Places of the past: Doerflinger's Department Store
- From Tribune files: Photos from the La Crosse Public Library Archives
- From Tribune files: Most read stories online this year ... so far