The Way it Was: Krause’s Kabin Kourt

The Way it Was: Krause’s Kabin Kourt

This undated postcard view from the 1940s shows Krause’s Kabin Kourt (left) and a combination grocery store and gas station located on the northeast corner of Losey Boulevard and State Road.

At one time the Kabin Kourt, owned and operated by Charles and Emma Krause from circa 1938 to 1961, consisted of 18 cabins, including “seven deluxe cabins having hot and cold running water, showers, toilets and outlets for shavers.” Since 1965, this site has been occupied by a Kmart store, which will be closing soon.

Anyone with more information about this photo or wishing to donate photos of the Coulee Region may contact the La Crosse Public Library Archives at 608-789-7136.

0
1
0
1
0

Emily Pyrek covers human interest stories, local events and anything involving dogs for the La Crosse Tribune. She is always interested in story ideas and can be contacted at emily.pyrek@lee.net.

Load comments