The Way it Was: 1888 Pearl St.

This 1888 street view shows the F.A. Oehler and Matthew Neuburg shoe store at 320 Pearl St. and the Charles Greenwood and Nathan Strout gun shop at 318 Pearl St. At that time, as shown here, wood plank sidewalks and dirt streets were the norm in La Crosse. This building, erected in 1887, remains standing and is occupied by CheapShots Bar.

This 1888 street view shows the F.A. Oehler and Matthew Neuburg shoe store at 320 Pearl St. and the Charles Greenwood and Nathan Strout gun shop at 318 Pearl St. At that time, as shown here, wood plank sidewalks and dirt streets were the norm in La Crosse.

This building, erected in 1887, remains standing and is occupied by CheapShots Bar at 318 Pearl St.

Anyone with more information about this photo or wishing to donate photos of the Coulee Region may contact the La Crosse Public Library Archives at 608-789-7136.

0
0
0
0
0

General assignment reporter

Emily Pyrek covers human interest stories, local events and anything involving dogs for the La Crosse Tribune. She is always interested in story ideas and can be contacted at emily.pyrek@lee.net.

Load comments