Maybe it’s author Michael “Fire and Fury” Wolff hinting that President Donald Trump is having an affair with United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley.

Terry Mattingly mug

Mattingly

Maybe it’s the waves of lies from Russian hackers that have flooded major social media sites, causing global confusion and chaos.

Maybe it’s rumors that Pope Francis has a brain tumor or that he’s preparing for a Third Vatican Council, one sure to split the Church of Rome.

Whatever “fake news” is, the pope’s World Communications Day message made it clear that he believes Satan is behind it all, whether journalists and mass-media leaders know it or not.

“We need to unmask what could be called the ‘snake-tactics’ used by those who disguise themselves in order to strike at any time and place,” wrote the pope. “This was the strategy employed by the ‘crafty serpent’ in the Book of Genesis, who, at the dawn of humanity, created the first fake news, which began the tragic history of human sin.”

The pope released this text on Jan. 24, the feast of St. Francis de Sales — the patron saint of journalists — even though World Communications Day will be on May 13. The “fake news” hook is in the title: “’The truth will set you free’ — Fake news and journalism for peace.”

The problem is that few people — especially in culture-wars America — agree on what “fake news” means. It’s hard to imagine a more partisan term, when Trump shouts it at a rally. Meanwhile, many journalists have downplayed Gallup polls showing that public trust in the news media is lower than ever.

Concerning the crucial definition issue, Pope Francis wrote: “It refers to the spreading of disinformation online or in the traditional media. It has to do with false information based on nonexistent or distorted data meant to deceive and manipulate the reader. Spreading fake news can serve to advance specific goals, influence political decisions, and serve economic interests.

“The effectiveness of fake news is primarily due to its ability to mimic real news. ... It grasps people’s attention by appealing to stereotypes and common social prejudices, and exploiting instantaneous emotions like anxiety, contempt, anger and frustration.”

Fake news can, in social-media networks, spread so fast that “authoritative denials” fail to contain the damage, said Francis.

Part of the problem, however, is that consumers now distrust many authoritative voices in journalism and the government, noted veteran New York City journalist Clemente Lisi, one of my faculty colleagues at The King’s College in lower Manhattan.

“If Dante were around today, he would certainly add a circle in hell that includes journalists, for the way many people perceive that we twist facts and purposely disseminate misinformation to millions upon millions of people each day,” he argued in an essay for The Media Project.

Some journalists are part of the problem, but others carry on doing accurate, balanced reporting. Lots of fake information flows through social media channels, but many proposals to fact-check and control these public forums are frightening in terms of their implications for free speech. Would the public trust their new protectors?

Once again, what is fake news? Yes, it’s rumors, acidic political fairy tales and outright hoaxes. But can the fake-news label be pinned on screwed-up, mistake-plagued news about current events? What about biased, advocacy journalism — whether in talk-TV shouting matches or elite newspaper headlines? Are politicos accurate in yelling “fake news” whenever faced with information they don’t like and want to see suppressed?

The bottom line, argued Lisi, is clear: “Fake news is a real problem, but the devil really is in the details when it comes to who’s really to blame.”

For example, “unmasking” fake news can be hard, argued the pope, because so many news consumers are only paying attention to news sources that reaffirm what they already believe. They never encounter voices and information that “could effectively challenge prejudices and generate constructive dialogue.”

Thus, news consumers — using social media — can easily turn into “unwilling accomplices in spreading biased and baseless ideas,” he said. “The tragedy of disinformation is that it discredits others, presenting them as enemies, to the point of demonizing them. ... Fake news is a sign of intolerant and hypersensitive attitudes, and leads only to the spread of arrogance and hatred.”

Terry Mattingly is editor of GetReligion.org and senior fellow for media and religion at The King’s College in New York City.

(97) comments

oldhomey

Buggs, I don't want you to be falsely accused of hiding in the weeds, but you appear to have done that after this exchange. Here is a chance to emerge from there:

oldhomey Feb 4, 2018 10:30pm

Isn't that the same Noam Chomsky with whom you disagree completely with on a number of issues, including global warming, Buggs? You have every right to agree with him on some issues and disagree with him on others, but it sort of weakens your position that he HAS to be right about mainstream media because somebody has described him as one of the most brilliant humans in the world. He might be wrong about mainstream media and right about global warming. In fact, that would seem to be the case, from my point of view, but I would never refer to him as a source for my thinking on global warming when I find he is so recklessly wrong about mainstream media. Perhaps you should be more cautious about citing him, too.
oldhomey Feb 5, 2018 2:05pm

Buggs? I asked a fair question. Why not answer it? Are you in the weeds, again?

Buggs Raplin

Your assessment is ludicrous. It implies that if you agree with someone on something, you agree with him on everything.

oldhomey

Well, Buggs, you seem to want everybody to agree with Noam Chomsky's view of the media because he is considered by many to be one of the most brilliant minds of the century. But YOU yourself don't seem to think he is THAT brilliant, as there is plenty that he says that you are stridently opposed to. So why should we accept what Chomsky says about the media because he is, as you try to intimate, such a brilliant observer when, according to you, he is mistaken in many of his observations? On the other hand, you could simply say you agree with Noam Chomsky's opinion about the media. And the rest of us could say, so what?

capedcrusader

I think Buggs Raplin has become intertwined into one big Bob Roberts movie and can't get out.

Buggs Raplin

Bob Roberts? Great movie.

oldhomey

Just to make sure that Buggs has the ability to respond to this exchange, which ended only with a "Report" option under it:

oldhomey Feb 4, 2018 10:20pm

No fake dossier needed, Buggs. Both you and Snow were freely and happily spreading the Russian fake news during the campaign on these comment sections, quoting the Russian intelligence-planted news from Guccifer 2.0, the phony source Russians devised and that you and Snow quoted liberally. Were you paid to do that, or were you simply gulled into it? Your motives warrant investigation, perhaps.
Buggs Raplin Feb 5, 2018 8:33am

You continue lying. So what else is new?
oldhomey Feb 5, 2018 1:59pm

Is it a lie that most of your responses to me are followed only by a "Report" option, Buggs? Are you now going to deny that you ever quoted Guccifer 2.0 during the 2016 campaign? Were you paid to do it, or were you just gullible and got gulled into using the false information? What would be new is that you actually answered some of these questions.

Buggs Raplin

I was referring to Guccifer 1.0. 2.0 was a Democrat.

oldhomey

Nice try, Buggs. The allegation that Guccifer 2.0 was a Democrat is a real laugher. Where, pray tell, did you get that information?

Buggs Raplin

Roger Stone article on 10/10/17 published at InfoWars. It's my belief after reading that article that the DNC was never hacked by Guccifer 2.0. The information was instead leaked to Wikileaks by Seth Rich, who was later murdered. In my opinion, Guccifer 2.0 was created by the Democrat establishment to 1)try to show collusion between Russia and Trump with an alleged 'hack' and 2)avoid any culpability in the Seth Rich murder.

oldhomey

Info Wars! What a response, Buggs. You have spent year having everything you believed from Alex Jones completely discredited. And still you cite him and Info Wars as a font of usable news. It is usable to you only because it is so totally, thoroughly fake. I hope, by the way, you understand why your 7:11am post only has a "Report" option under it.

awol2009

There is no need for a "fake dossier" on Buggs Raplin. He puts his anti-American propaganda out here everyday for the world to see. like s good 'lil Russianbott.

Buggs Raplin

The Democrat party is anti-American. They concocted the dossier to try to overturn the election. They literally stole the nomination from Bernie. They nominated the most corrupt, incompetent, warmongering person to represent them-Hillary.

Cassandra

Chippy, the name of the party is the Democratic Party. That is the legal name of the organization. Your sad attempts at rebranding are childish.

Buggs Raplin

OK, then, the Democrats. I voted for McGovern, Carter, Mondale, Clinton, Kerry, and Obama. I voted 3 times for Feingold; I voted for Baldwin. I do not now believe I'll ever vote for a Democrat again. I've come to despise the party. I just despise them for their corruption; for their super delegates-for their subservience to the evil Hillary, who stole the nomination from Bernie, and who are now trying to overturn the elected president, from a fake dossier THEY created to open up a false Russian collusion investigation they hopefully, somehow, can conjure up the evil Hillary to the presidency. Think that absurd? See a recent article in Newsweek.

oldhomey

I refuse to read this, Buggs, because it has only a "Report" option under it. In fact, I am screaming LAH LAH LAH at the top of my voice, so that I can hear nothing until I exit this string, just in case you are trying to read it aloud to me. I try to follow your mature example in all things that I do.

Cassandra

Well played, Homey. Well played.

capedcrusader

Yep. That's what people do when they find it hard to discuss. BTW, he probably knows what Michelle Obama's name is too...

capedcrusader

The only person I'm hearing that sounds "anti-American" is you. YOU are the one that lied and said Clinton was going to take away your guns. You are the one that continues to lie and say the government is going to take away your guns. (they aren't). YOU are the one that hates... Hates our government, the Democratic Party, anyone who disagrees with you, and yet you voted for Trump the criminal and you even said so yourself. There is no perfect party buddy and we live in an imperfect world. You are in for possibly several years of trying to defend Crooked Trump so you better get used to it. You're in for a bumpy ride and you're wasting time with all the fake news you pay attention to. Of course you appear to love all of that though.

Buggs Raplin

It was Hillary's desire to erode the 2nd Amendment. There's no lie there. I hate the foreign policy establishment of this country. It is the essence of evil. I will no longer ever vote for a Democrat. Doesn't mean I'll vote Republican. I just will never vote for a Democrat again. I voted for Trump because he was less evil, much less evil than Hillary. Fake news? You're the one swallowing their bullsh*t, not me. Lincoln was right. You can fool some of the people, like yourself, all of the time.

oldhomey

I don't want to Buggs' self-imposed inability to respond to deny him his chance to answer me, so I will repeat this brief exchange to make sure there is a "+Add Reply" option under it:

Buggs Raplin Feb 4, 2018 5:12pm
Yes, awol, why not create a fake dossier on me alleging collusion with Putin, then you can get a FISA warrant. Just don't tell the judge the dossier is fake.

oldhomey Feb 4, 2018 10:20pm

Buggs Raplin Feb 5, 2018 8:33am
You continue lying. So what else is new?

oldhomey Feb 5, 2018 1:59pm

Buggs Raplin

Again, 'Reports' follow oldhomey's comments today; he not only works for the Tribune-he's high up in the bureaucracy. oldhomey, identify yourself to disprove my conjecture. Or are you afraid?-Chip DeNure aka Buggs Raplin

oldhomey

Buggs! Please! Keep my Tribune employment under your hat! My wife thinks we're living off of my retirement income, and I don't want her to find out about this extra income. She keeps asking me where I am going when I leave in the morning, and I tell her "to play pinochle with the boys". By the way, do you know any good books that teach pinochle? I have never played it in my life, and if she ever gets suspicious, I will need to say something to convince her.

As for the "Reports" mystery, I may be wrong, Buggs, but I think the Tribune comment system works this way. You make an original comment (though few of yours are actually original in content), and automatically two options appear under it, "Report" or "+Add Reply". If somebody replies to your original comment, that person automatically gets the two options under her comment. If you immediately reply to her that she is the second worst liar on these posts next to oldhomey, your comment also gets the two options under it. But the person who comments on your attempt to weasel out in being called out as a liar -- that person will get only a "Report" option under it. So, because you so regularly come in to these conversations a day late and a dollar short, most of your comments are followed with only a "Report" option. Hope that explains things for you.

Buggs? Nothing to say?

Buggs Raplin

The new design for the La Crosse Center makes the Hatched Baby would like the Pieta in comparison.

oldhomey

In addition to ducking into the weeds with his non-response, Buggs writes his non-response as though he is modeling it after new2's style bollixed composition.

Buggs Raplin

Sorry, but the truth of your Tribune employment is sort of like all those animals that have left because the barn door was left open. If you think I'm mistaken, you could always reveal your identity. Knowing your massive ego, I'd think you'd want everyone to know who you are.

Cassandra

Unable to come to grips with reality, Chippy once again makes up facts to suit his paranoid delusions.

Cassandra

Given the opportunity to respond without the dreaded "report" button, Chippy instead rants that he's being conspired against and changes the subject. How pathetic and predictable.

Dilly Dilly

capedcrusader

I thought you said he works for the Intelligence community? Now you're claiming he works for the Tribune? How do you now that for sure?

Buggs Raplin

If you were paying attention, I've stated my belief oldhomey is a government agent with a cover job at the Tribune. Since he refuses to identify himself, my belief is strengthened. The CIA has agents with cover jobs. Many of those cover jobs are in the media.

crank

Has anyone else wondered if the photo of Mr. Mattingly came from his faculty bio at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?

Buggs Raplin

to the caped crusasder: On the question of Obama's sexual preferences, I refer one and all to the video of Joan Rivers shortly before her death. Ms. Rivers is asked by someone if there'll ever be a gay president. In an unwise exasperation, she tells the reporter we already have a gay president in Obama, and that Michelle is a tranny. She is NOT joking. Watch the video for chrissakes. You see, my dear plebians, there is information out there that the MSM will not report, but is known by people like Joan Rivers and the elite of Hollywood. Joan made the very terrible mistake of telling such information to a questioner. Joasn then went in for a routine medical procedure a few weeks later and died. Watch the video.

oldhomey

Wow. Buggs cites a dead comedian as his "proof" that climate change is a hoax, and now he cites another dead comedian as his "proof" that Obama is gay and his wife is a transexual. I guess they got awfully good in changing human plumbing to allow male to female sex changes to bear children. You are one of the true wonders of the world, Buggs, when it comes to providing rock solid information. You and Snow.

Buggs Raplin

The kids were adopted; there is no record of their births to Obama and Michael..oops, I mean Michelle

Cassandra

Good god, Chippy. Your paranoia knows no bounds. You really need serious mental health care.

oldhomey

"Dr. Anita Blanchard, friend of the Obamas, delivered both girls at the University of Chicago Medical Center . . . Malia Ann, born on July 4, 1998, and Natasha (nicknamed Sasha) was born on June 10, 2001."

Buggs Raplin

It's bullsh*t by a 'friend'; those girls were adopted; there are no birth records for those two kids stating they were born to Obama and Michael ...I mean Michelle. Show me the birth certificates, or shut up. Obama is gay, Michelle is a tranny, not that there's anything wrong with that.

oldhomey

Why do most of your responses to me have only a "Report" option under them, Buggs? Are you blackmailing or paying off someone at the Tribune to arrange this for your comments? If you are, why don't you up the ante and get them to say that I and all the rest of your bete noire tormentors on these strings are in fact Tribune employees?

As for telling us that Obama is gay and his wife is a transexual, that is YOUR accusation, and as such, it is your responsibility to provide the proof or shut up. That is normally how these things work, Buggs. In the long list of nightmarish accusations that you so regularly hurl on these posts (with NEVER a shred of proof for any of them), this is one of the most vile and, I must say, one of the most outlandish, rivaling your insistence on the origins of mankind coming from an alien Anunnaki spaceship 6,000 years ago. There is a misguided poster already prominent on these boards who uses the screen name "crank", but you, Buggs, merit the accolade of being the "town crank" of La Crosse in its truest meaning, "an annoyingly eccentric person".

kingman10

omg buggs is sure a piece of work. There must of been a recent mental breakdown that happened to buggs to think the way he does. Now obama is gay and his wife is whatever....and on and on it goes. No proof needed, just info wars media. It never stops, the stupidity, the ignorance, the fantasies, the lies... if ever there was a perverted and diminished intellect award, buggs would win hands down.

capedcrusader

So let me get this straight, you believe Joan Rivers over EVERYONE else? Is that right? You believe Obama is gay and his wife is a tranny. Is that right? The fact that you used to be a probation officer is getting to be more unsettling by the day. You sir are going off the deep end rather quickly.

Buggs Raplin

Watch the video. She's not joking at all.

awol2009

SnowCougar and Buggs Raplin, both are sad, sad products of "Fake News". They spread their delusional propaganda daily. It's almost worthy of a FISA warrant to monitor them as they get their propaganda feed orders from the Russian front.

Buggs Raplin

You continue lying. So what else is new?

oldhomey

Finally! Pope Francis has declared artificial dissemination to be a cardinal sin. It means that, unless they repent soon, Buggs Raplin and Snow Cougar will roast in Hades for eternity.

Snow Cougar Mary Burke

Pope Francis, who many believe is the false prophet of revelation. I knew you would be a big fan of him.

kingman10

is snow job now holier than the pope. Calling him the false prophet! Oh my I thought you would be in lock step with him. But the evil one is always trying to sneak its way into our thinking, calling names and claiming to be the righteous one. It finds suckers who will work for evil intent, and spread it with the help of Putin and the Koch's. But of course snow job would never do that.

Buggs Raplin

I am not religious myself, except for a belief in a judicious God. I doubt that when I shuffle off this mortal coil in a few years, there'll be any punishment for my immortal soul for telling the truth. There's this great fallacy promoted by the liars in the MSM that they are guardians of the truth, when all they do is try to cover it up, and ridicule those trying to bring it to the public.

capedcrusader

If I were you I'd be more worried about not telling the truth.

oldhomey

Don't worry, Buggs and Snow. You will be in good company down there in eternity, sweating alongside Trump and his team, not to mention the Russian intelligence agents who foisted Guccifer 2.0 on you two, and Buggs' internet hero, Alex Jones. You thought you were engaged in immaculate deception, but you got caught.

In your dreams....

oldhomey

Well, if God is judicious, whatever that might mean to you, Buggs, he will not take kindly when your time is up to the way you used your time on Earth.

johnnybragatti

MS Ex-Lax is a snake,
or ...more like a snakette.,
old geezer in disguise.

Buggs Raplin

Keep try'in johnny; coherence is your goal; we're all rooting for you.

Rs Ts

Oops, spelling...pedophile

Rs Ts

The pope will have more credibility when he cleans up his pediphile protection organization, the catholic church.

awol2009

The Pope preaching to us about "Fake News"? The corrupt Catholic Church that brainwashes billions with guilt-ridden rituals, propaganda, murdered millions in the name of God during the Middle Ages to gain conformity and control over people for money and power? How laughable when the corrupt Catholic Church is just a multi-billion dollar Mafia racketeering mob hidden in fake religion. The Catholic leader is the last one to preach about anything fake.

new2Lax

After all, CNN did rise to number one with MSNBC a close second and one would have to rank the NYT’s a shade ahead of the Wash. Post., even after the NYT’s promised to do better, after admitting they have failed in covering Trump and the campaign. When the NYT’s came forward with the admission of a biased coverage, the improvement is hardly noticeable. The firings at CNN also did little in the way of a correction, when a fake news report disrupts the markets and the dude only gets suspended, well you figure it out.

Cassandra

Talking snakes. Enough said.

Clarification

Are you referring to Trump?

Buggs Raplin

Cassie, do a fact check on your reference to 'clear' that up.

Clarification

I pray for a bozo-filter and a stealth click-bait filter.

random annoying bozo

the pope lamenting about fake 'news'? do you think cnn, the most untrusted name in 'news'..will clean up their act? or will still report apples, that really are bananas,

oldhomey

Gosh, bozo, that may be the most clear-headed statement ever. At least any bozo like you might have a chance of making sense of it, though the rest of us probably won't be able to.

kingman10

" Fake news is a sign of intolerant and hypersensitive attitudes, and leads only to the spread of arrogance and hatred.” Fake news is also the result of reliance on social media, a.m. talk radio, fox news, alt web sites for news that isn't real, and the inability to understand that. For an example just go to buggs 6;16 post. He posts the same word for word fake news argument. The Pope was right on the money when he said fake news is evil, and also those that continue to spread it.

Buggs Raplin

kingmn gobbles up those necvessary illusions like pepperoni on a pizza.

kingman10

talk about gobbled up by fake news, Buggs is still hung up on pizza gate. Even Alex Jones admits he made it all up but still buggs presses on. People like buggs manure are little russian trolls trying to tear apart our countries institutions, like law enforcement agencies, our free press, our civil liberties. He is doing Putin's work for him, but we are all on to him. He still loves his pizza with extra cheese.

Buggs Raplin

Pizzagate is real. It's not fake news. I've gone into the evidence before, so I'll not bother with it again for your amusement except to wonder if John Podesta prefers his dominos on cheese or pasta. Three code words for child sexual abuse.

kingman10

thanks buggs for verifying what I wrote and that you are certifiably crazy. A conspiracy laden mind like yours is code for wacko!

capedcrusader

And Buggs, you shared reports that you thought Obama is gay too. Right? You believe that's "real news" right?

Cassandra

All you people who are going along with Chippy just take a look at his statement about Pizzagate being real. Do you honestly think you should be supporting someone who is so clearly delusional?

oldhomey

Oh oh. Buggs makes reference to "pepperoni on a pizza". Is that some sort of code, Buggs, alleging that kingman is some sort of pervert, or something? Or is it in reference to your own perversions? With your track record for dishonesty on these strings, it might constitute enough evidence for a FISA application to have you surveiled.

Buggs Raplin

Pepperoni on pizza is a natural; nothing perverted there; dominos on cheese or pasta are code words for sexual abuse of children. Have you taken a gander at Tony Podesta's pedophile art collection, or the obsene picture in the bathroom of Comet Pizza, or John Podesta's e-mails? You can see them on Bing

oldhomey

Are you now trying to tell us, Buggs, that Domino's pizza is in on some huge national conspiracy of perversion?

kingman10

its called projecting. what buggs fears is within himself he will project it onto others in order make himself feel better. The perverted tendencies buggs is trying to project on to others is really a revelation of himself. So the reality is buggs wants to continue to believe in pizzagate to satisfy his sick erotic fantasies.

A Veteran

kingman---So you are admitting you are EVIL----LOL.--You just figured that out,most of us figured that out a long time ago!!!

kingman10

oh that's a good one veteran. Wow how long did that take you your write, must of been a long while. I just don't know a good come back! Your wit and wisdom is breath taking, your name calling is outstanding, your analysis is one of a kind! I use reliable media outlets, like the Wall street journal for my info, what do you use for yours?

A Veteran

kingman---I think you lie as to your news sources you usually appear to be interviewing for an anchor job or as a parrot for MSNBC fake news.

Buggs Raplin

Noam Chomsky has been described as the one of the most brilliant thinkers in the world. Chomsky has labeled the mainstream media a propaganda system which provides necessary illusions to the people so that the elite agenda can advance, particularly our wars, occupations, and other aspects of our evil foreign policies.. That is fake news. You need look no further than ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, PBS, the Washington Post, the New York Times, and most of the political columnists. They comprise the fake news, and because the alternative media is reporting the truth, the strategy to fool gullibles is to label the truth media, fake news. Talk about audacious.

kingman10

Many years ago, like 100 years, the anti-semites would rail against the news media and called it the Jewish media. Back then they called it fake news and propaganda and tried to put out their own alternative news. It was soundly rejected by the world. since then they have continued to rail against the news media using different language, like mainstream media. They were still anti-Jewish fascists but learned a new way of incorporating their hate into the public debate in a way that is less offensive. but make no mistake, those like buggs and the other fascists white supremacists are still around and trying to discredit those that do not fit into their vision. Alex Jones, Limbaugh and the other alt. media types are fascists, they just are better at hiding it from those who are unaware.

Buggs Raplin

The most virulent critic of the mainstream media, Noam Chomsky, is a Jew.

kingman10

wrong again buggs. Mr. Chomsky was born to jewish parents, but he was never a practicing Jew. In fact he considers himself an atheist, or at best agnostic.

capedcrusader

And yet Check out Alex Jones latest rant about CNN’s host of “Reliable Sources” Brian Stelter. He apparently didn't like the comments Stelter has made including comments on this book. Alex Jones is a very unstable man. Probably as unstable as Trump. Watch the video because this is the man Buggs Raplin believes has "real news".

kingman10

birds of a feather stick together, buggs and Alex Jones are so much a like there is a natural attraction there. Both are wackos conspiracy nuts who are trying to tear apart this country with their lies. And at the same time they call themselves "patriots". What a joke.

Buggs Raplin

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country from the government."-Ella Wheeler Wilcox

kingman10

"“Patriotism has nothing to do with Conservatism. It is actually the opposite of Conservatism, since it is a devotion to something that is always changing and yet is felt to be mystically the same.”
― George Orwell
See I can quote too.

kingman10

and you must admit that buggs never once denied he is a white supremacists fascist. Not once has he denied it outright. Very telling.

Buggs Raplin

OK. I am not a white supremacist fascist. I deny it.

kingman10

oh really buggs, you deny it. But you never said a bad word about the nazis and the klan marching in Charlottesville and ended up killing a young woman. You support Alex Jones and Limbaugh and Bannon and others like #45 who are white supremacists. You may say you are not a racist bigot, but you are known by the company you keep.

Buggs Raplin

I have not seen Alex's rant on the Stelter thing.

capedcrusader

Watch it. You have been ducking me for weeks on it. Methinks you are afraid of finding out exactly what a demon Alex Jones really is. Report back to all of us afterward. I'm looking forward to hear how you defend his meltdown. Please, in your own words.

kingman10

forget it, buggs will not watch anything against Alex Jones. that would give him a heart attack! No he will hide in the weeds on this one.

oldhomey

Buggs? I asked a fair question. Why not answer it? Are you in the weeds, again?

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Thanks for reading. Subscribe or log in to continue.

Already a subscriber?
Log in or Activate your account.