The American Red Cross announced several upcoming area blood drives.
Donors of all blood types are needed, according to the Red Cross, to help ensure the collection of more than 13,000 blood and platelet donations needed every day.
Blood drives will be held at the following locations:
- March 12—Coon Valley Lutheran Church, 1005 Central Ave., Coon Valley, 1-6 p.m.
- March 13: West Salem High School, 405 E. Hamlin, West Salem, 8:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- March 14—Bangor High School, 700 10th St., Bangor, 12:30-5:30 p.m.
- March 15—First United Methodist Church, 1105 Butts Ave., Tomah, 10:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- March 16—Westby High School, 206 West Ave S. Westby, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- March 23—Organic Valley Family of Farms, 509 Organic Drive, Cashton, 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- March 26—De Soto High School, 615 Main St., 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- March 27—Cashton High School, 540 Coe St., Casthon, noon to 5 p.m.
- March 29—Holmen American Legion Hall, 419 First Avenue W., Holmen, noon to 5 p.m.
- March 30—Onalaska American Legion Post 336, 731 Sand Lake Rd., Onalaska, 12:30-5:30 p.m.
- April 2—St Paul’s Lutheran Church, 517 Grayside Ave. Mauston, 12:30-5:30 p.m.
- April 3—Anytime Fitness, 414 E. State St., Mauston, noon to 4:30 p.m.
- April 5—Royal High School, 1501 Academy St., Elroy, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- April 7—Wilton Community Center, 400 East St., Wilton, 7-11:30 a.m.
To donate blood, download the American Red Cross blood donor app, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-733-2767 to make an appointment or for more information.
A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age in most states (16 with parental consent where allowed by state law), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.
Blood and platelet donors can save time at their next donation by using RapidPass to complete their pre-donation reading and health history questionnaire online on the day of their donation.
The Red Cross is also seeking volunteer drivers to deliver blood products to local area hospitals. To apply as a volunteer driver, visit rdcrss.org/driver.