Westby Syttende Mai will be holding its annual royalty coronation on Sunday, March 11 at the Westby Area Performing Arts Center.
Seven girls are vying to become royalty and reign over the 50th Westby Syttende Mai celebration May 19-20. Past Syttende Mai Princesses Olivia Ahnen, Courtney Moser and Josie Ingles will crown the new 2018 court.
This year’s candidates are:
- Katelyn Dunnum, daughter of Jamie and Ryan Dunnum, sponsored by Westby Creamery.
- Jasmine Green, daughter of Lisa and James Green, sponsored by Embroidery and More.
- Josie Hofslien, daughter of Laura and Chad Hofslien, sponsored by Dregne’s Scandinavian Gifts.
- Hailey Jubera, daughter of Sheila Jubera and Chris Jubera, sponsored by Nisse House of Art.
- Katelyn Stokke, daughter of Teresa Stokke and Donny Stokke, sponsored by Wubbenhorst Tax Service, LLC.
- Maddy Swick, daughter of Mackenzie Swick and Jon Adams, sponsored by Westby House and Inn.
- Matalyn Wood, daughter of Keli and Toby Wood, sponsored by Borgen’s Café.
There will be a meet and greet for the public and visiting royalty in the middle school cafeteria from 1:30-2:30 p.m., with a light luncheon served. The cost of admission is $5, plus a Syttende Mai button (which can also be purchased at the door). Children 10 and under are free. The coronation program begins at 2:30 p.m. Visiting royalty admission is a Syttende Mai button.
The 2018 Westby Area Historical Society Grandmother of the Year will also be announced during the coronation ceremony. This year’s parade marshals will not be announced until April.