The Holmen Middle School Student Council will host a new autumn festival later this month for children in grades 5 and younger, with proceeds donated to the Holmen Area Community Center.
The festival will take place at Holmen Middle School 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27. The cost is $3 per child; adults are free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
There will be many different stations for the children to visit.
These stations will be run by the HMS Student Council with the help of other HMS and HHS student organizations. At each station, attendees will receive small prizes or candy, be able to play a game or complete an activity.
The carnival will raise money for fund to build the Holmen Area Community Center.
The proposed Holmen Area Community Center is a 16,000-square-foot facility that will be located on McHugh Road between Holmen High School and Holmen Middle School.
The community center will be an intergenerational center that will focus on programs that intentionally connect community members of all ages.
Collaborative partnerships with the School District of Holmen, Western Technical College, local medical facilities and other area agencies will provide wraparound support for every member of the community.
Several identified needs will be addressed when this project reaches completion:
- Area youth will have a safe and productive place to go after school and during the early evening hours when research shows they are most at risk for destructive behaviors.
- Seniors will have a central location for fellowship and programs that support physical, cognitive and personal health.
- Additional space will be available before and after school care for school-age children.
- Adult education will be offered covering a wide range of interest areas, including financial literacy, exercise, technology, parenting, cooking and crafts.
- Community space with a full kitchen will be a rental option for family and community events up to 200 people
- Several local agencies will bring their services to our community, eliminating the need for local citizens to drive elsewhere.
Resources and staffing to support the ongoing operation of the Holmen Area Community Center will be made possible through collaborative partnerships with local agencies, universities and medical facilities.
Working together and creating partnerships is a foundational belief of the HACC and all individuals, organizations, companies or agencies are welcome to join in this grassroots effort to build a resilient and thriving community.
For more information go to www.holmencc.org or like us on Facebook.