The Aging Mastery Program (AMP) is returning to La Crescent this summer with six new classes.
The free health and wellness program is designed for individuals aged 55 and over and will feature a range of expert guest speakers. The program will include the following sessions:
- Aspirations and bucket lists—explore the “whys” and the “what” of personal goals.
- Memory matters—understand the five most frequent age-related memory changes and simple techniques to help with each change.
- Making the most of Medicare—learn the top ten Medicare tips.
- Dementia friends – learn five key messages about dementia and how to make a difference for people touched by dementia.
- Nutritional Vital Signs—identify malnutrition warning signs for older adults; discuss myths and preconceptions.
- Rightsizing your life—discover new perspectives on upsizing/downsizing your home and other aspects of your life.
The classes will be held Wednesdays from 2-4 p.m. June 20–August 1, excluding July 4. All classes are held at the La Crescent Community Center, 336 South First St., La Crescent (use South Oak Street entrance).