Consider these factors as you vote for state and federal officials November 6.
Did the candidate or party reflect your view of the following?
• The tax cut bill of 2017 and its benefits to your income, business and the national debt.
• The benefits of tariffs to agriculture and industry.
• The handling of relations with North Korea, NATO, Canada, Mexico, Russia and Iran.
• The current Zero Tolerance Policy toward immigrants and their families.
• $25 billion for a wall.
• Global warming and regulations relative to air, water quality and soil conservation.
• Minimum wages
• Union rights -- public and private.
• Health care and affordable insurance.
• Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid funding.
• Public education including its funding, vouchers and safety.
• College education funding.
• The rights of women, minorities and people who are LGBTQ.
• Existing legislative districts and gerrymandering.
• Bipartisan efforts.
• Civility, fairness and honesty of their campaign.
• Current state and federal administration and leadership.
Steve Mau, La Crescent