Couleecap, Inc. currently has funding available through the Work-N-Wheels program to provide 0% interest vehicle repair loans for Vernon, Crawford, La Crosse and Monroe county residents. Applicants must be securely employed and meet income requirements. The repair loan program is for applicants who:
- Have been with their current employer for 30-plus days OR self-employed for 6-plus months OR consistently employed by a temporary employment agency for 12-plus months.
- Have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
- Have not had any drinking and driving violations in the past three years.
- Have income under the 150% federal poverty guidelines (see chart on website).
- Need a vehicle to get to/from work because public transportation (i.e. bus) doesn’t work for their location, schedule, or job duties.
- Do not currently owe the State of WI (fines, back taxes, child support, etc.) for anything NOT on a payment plan.
- Do not currently have a loan/lien on the vehicle they want to repair because Couleecap will put a lien on it until the loan is paid in full.
- Their vehicle registration is current and in their name.
- Can afford $50/month payment if approved.
- Repairs cost less than 50% of the vehicle’s value.
- Participant must pay 50% of repairs (plus all taxes) to the shop at the time of repair and then finance the other 50% through Couleecap.
- Loan amounts range from $100-1000.
- You must be approved for assistance prior to repairs taking place.
- No body work, accidents, towing, or “tune-ups” will be covered.
More information can be found online at www.couleecap.org/transportation.html
For more information on the Work-N-Wheels loan or repair program, contact the Couleecap Work-N-Wheels Program Specialist, Krista Heinz, at 608-423-6624.