Businesses impacted by recent flooding in La Crosse, Vernon, Crawford and Monroe counties, as well as surrounding areas, are encouraged to attend a resource workshop hosted by the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), 7 Rivers Alliance, and other local, state and federal partners at 9 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 17, in Viroqua.
The workshop, which will take place at the Viroqua American Legion, 120 N. Rusk Ave., will cover topics including business planning assistance, best practices in working with insurance providers, funding resources and more.
“While the recent flooding has been devastating to communities throughout the state, WEDC and other partner organizations stand ready to provide the resources necessary for Wisconsin businesses to repair and rebuild,” said Mark R. Hogan, secretary and CEO of WEDC, the state’s lead economic development agency.
The following organizations will have representatives on hand to provide updates:
• Vernon County Emergency Management;
• U.S. Small Business Administration;
• USDA Rural Development;
• USDA Farm Service Agency;
• Mississippi River Regional Planning Commission;
• Wisconsin Small Business Development Center at UW-La Crosse;
• Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation;
• Wisconsin Housing & Economic Development Authority;
• Wisconsin Department of Administration;
• Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance.
These resources providers will be available to work with businesses as needed over the coming weeks and months as recovery continues.
Interested businesses can visit the Viroqua Chamber Main Street’s Facebook event for more information.