Subscribe for 33¢ / day
Sgt. Troy Christianson

Sgt. Troy H. Christianson of the Minnesota State Patrol

Question: I am planning an ice fishing trip to the great State of Minnesota and I live in Iowa, is there a limit on how much alcohol I can bring from Iowa into Minnesota?Answer: There is a limit on how much alcohol you can bring into Minnesota from a different state for personal use. You can bring 288 ounces of beer or wine or 1 liter of intoxicating liquor per person. If you bring more than this into Minnesota you need to contact the Department of Revenue.

Always remember, you can avoid a ticket — and a crash — if you simply buckle up, drive at safe speeds, pay attention and always drive sober. Help us drive Minnesota toward zero deaths.

If you have any questions concerning traffic related laws or issues in Minnesota send your questions to Sgt. Troy Christianson at


Coulee Courier and Houston County News editor

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Thanks for reading. Subscribe or log in to continue.