Administered by La Crosse County, the For Goodness' Sake program provides donated household goods to the needy.
The phone numbers listed are for local agency contacts, not the person in need. This week:
- Two-family household needs hide-a-bed couch/sofa sleeper. Call Aly, 608-789-7812.
- A family needs a couch, bunk beds (twin size), pillows and crib mattress. Call Shoua, 608-785-6119.
- A single mom is looking for living room furniture (couch/loveseat/recliner or lift chair). Must be from nonsmoking, pet-free home. Call Christine, 608-785-6034.
- Washer, dryer and tandem bike needed. Call Beth, 608-785-5847.
- Rug 12-by-15 feet needed. Call Abbie, 608-785-5613.
- Single woman with disability needs money to purchase new water heater for her mobile home. Cost estimate is $300. Donations of any amount can be sent to The For Goodness' Sake Project, 300 N. Fourth St., La Crosse, WI, 54601 Memo: water heater.
- The Hunger Taskforce Food bank needs pasta and pasta sauce. Drop items off at 1240 Clinton St. or call 608-793-1002.
- WAFER food pantry needs soups, canned vegetables, peanut butter, juice, spaghetti sauce and baked beans. Drop items off at 403 Causeway Blvd. or call 608-782-6003.