This downtown scene from November 1935 shows the south side of Main Street as viewed from Fifth Avenue looking west. The corner building in the foreground was then home to Barron’s Department Store, which remained in business there until 1965, according to Tribune files. Today, 80 years later, the brick pavement and streetcar tracks shown here are long gone, but most of the buildings remain. The former Barron’s building, erected in 1891, is now known as City Square and is occupied by several businesses, which include the International Bake Shoppe, The Buzz on Main Hair Salon and The Yoga Place. Anyone with more information about this photo or wishing to donate photos of the Coulee Region may contact the La Crosse Public Library Archives at 608-789-7136.