Nominations are now being accepted for the 2019 Martin Luther King Jr. Leadership Award, which will be presented during the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Celebration at 7 p.m. Jan. 21 at the Viterbo University Fine Arts Center. Nominations must be received by 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5.
Established in 2009, the purpose of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Leadership Award is to recognize leadership and commitment in building community, enhancing diversity and working for justice. The nomination application and materials should address these qualities in detail:
- Efforts are directed toward creating change in the Greater La Crosse area
- Efforts are focused on issues of social justice, equality and diversity/inclusion (may include other justice issues that mirror a cross-section of Dr. King’s work, i.e.: poverty, peace, privilege, nonviolence)
- Efforts include anti-racism work
- Efforts contribute to tangible, permanent and/or systemic change
- Efforts and work to empower and impact future generations
- Efforts include devoting personal energies beyond one’s paid position
- Any additional considerations or contributions
To request a nomination form and instructions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Thomas Harris at 608-780-7153. Completed forms can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 608-785-8837 (Attn: Thomas Harris) or mailed to Leadership Award c/o CCFA P.O. Box 1211, La Crosse, WI, 54602-1211.