Oktoberfest’s annual medallion hunt will begin at 6 a.m. Monday, when the first clue will be posted on the Oktoberfest USA website and Facebook page.
Some reminders about the medallion include the facts that it:
- Always is hidden within the La Crosse city limits.
- Never is buried in the ground.
- Always is on publicly accessible property.
- Is accessible for 24 hours a day, but posted hours should be observed.
- Fits in the palm of a hand.
- May be camouflaged.
Whoever finds the medallion will win gift certificates, Oktoberfest merchandise, a cash prize and a miniature replica of the medallion, compliments of Satori Arts.
To claim the prize package, the super sleuth must have a 2018 Oktoberfest admission pass and/or be wearing a 2018 Oktoberfest USA button when presenting the medallion at the Oktoberfest office.
The back side of the medallion includes a contact name and number to report that it has been found.
Oktoberfest will take place Sept. 27-30.