Employees pose for this circa 1890 photo of the La Crosse Cracker Co. factory, which was located at 206-210 S. Front St. This firm, established in 1884, began to produce candy in 1896 and then changed its name to the La Crosse Cracker and Candy Co.
This factory was destroyed by fire 110 years ago, on March 29, 1907, at a time when it employed 120 people, mostly boys and girls, according to Tribune files. The former site of the factory is now occupied by a parking area.
Anyone with more information about this photo or wishing to donate photos of the Coulee Region may contact the La Crosse Public Library Archives at 608-789-7136.