Subscribe for 33¢ / day
The Way it Was: La Crosse Plumbing Supply Co.

This circa 1930 industrial scene shows Charles W. Viner (1890-1956) operating a pipe-threading machine at the La Crosse Plumbing Supply Co.

This circa 1930 industrial scene shows Charles W. Viner (1890-1956) operating a pipe-threading machine at the La Crosse Plumbing Supply Co., which was then located at 212-216 S. Front St.

This firm, now known as First Supply and located at 106 Cameron Ave., is celebrating its 120th anniversary, having started business in 1897 at 122-128 S. Front St., where it received and shipped material by steamboat and railroad from its back lot.

Anyone with more information about this photo or wishing to donate photos of the Coulee Region may contact the La Crosse Public Library Archives at 608-789-7136.

0
0
0
0
0

General assignment reporter

Emily Pyrek covers human interest stories, local events and anything involving dogs for the La Crosse Tribune. She is always interested in story ideas and can be contacted at emily.pyrek@lee.net.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Thanks for reading. Subscribe or log in to continue.