The Village Shopping Center opened in 1950 at the corner of Losey Boulevard and State Road. The center's first four stores were Cram's grocery, Smith's Pharmacy, Ben Franklin and Boulevard Cleaners. In 1979, at the time of this photo, the center had more than 30 businesses, which included Quillin's IGA, Woolworth's, Brook's Fashion, the Hobby Hub, Swiss Chateau Cheese Shop, Baskin-Robbin's ice cream, Korner Knook flower shop, Team Electronics, Nutrition World, Doerflinger's department store and County Kitchen. After years of expansion, the shopping center's footprint began to contract in 2011, when part of the center was demolished to make room for Festival Foods. In 2016, there was additional demolition to create more parking spots.